Alright yall, it’s almost Spring Break, and you know what that means, you gotta be beach/lake/boat ready ASAP. Maybe you wanna drop a few, maybe you wanna tone up, or maybe you just wanna feel a little less bloated. Regardless of the situation, I have come up with a little 2 week clean eating challenge for y’all to do with me! I started on Sunday, and with only 4 days in I already feel SO MUCH BETTER. I also aim not only to lose some weight, but also aim to improve my body composition. And in order to track my body composition I have bought a great fat scale monitor from UK.
Anyways, here is how it’s going to go down:
CHALLENGE OVERVIEW: Eat strictly lean proteins, raw nuts, eggs, veggies, and a few non-starchy fruits while drinking lots of water. Avoid sugars, dairy, grains, and refined foods as well as sugary drinks.
WHAT TO DRINK:
- 2 liters or more of water daily. I keep a big 2 liter water bottle with me all day and if you are always holding it, you will drink it down much easier. This helps clean out the digestive system, clear skin, reduce bloating, and give you that nice healthy pre-spring break glow you want girl! And you’ll pee every 2 minutes, no lie.
- Caffeine. Straight up. If you are a coffee addict like me and actually need it to survive, don’t fret. You can still get your caffeination fix in. If you are going to drink coffee, drink it black. It can be espresso over ice, plain roast, or a Venti Iced Pike from the Bucks. I don’t care, but this is all about avoiding chemicals and refined sugars, so keep away from the sugar packets and soy milk.
- No alcohol. This is your opportunity to make up for all the nights your friends were DDs for you. 2 weeks without alcohol is no big thing, and you will be stoked on how great you feel without it. Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time to drunk call your ex and pass out on your bathroom floor when SB2k15 rolls around.
WHAT TO EAT:
- Lean Proteins. Think skinless chicken breasts, grilled fish, sashimi, etc. If you want to cook it with some natural fat like EVOO, more power to you. But avoid butter and other processed cooking ingredients.
- Veggies. The more veggies the better. Dark greens are best, and you can eat as much as you like. Get creative with it too. Have some celery and carrots with some guac dip, make a salad, eat cherry tomatoes like they’re grapes, try new veggies, try new recipes, go veggie crazy girl this is UK.
- Other proteins. Things like sweet potato, almond milk, eggs, egg whites, peanut butter (natural), and raw nuts are great natural fat and protein sources, and are awesome for filling you up. Since this diet is very low carb and is cutting out a lot of sugars and refined ingredients, the first few days you may feel pretty hungry. These items will keep you feeling fuller while eating less.
- The sweet treat. Since this 2-week challenge was mainly about cutting out sugar for me, the only “sugar” I’m allowing in my challenge is non-starchy fruits. I’m sticking mainly with frozen grapes and blueberries.
WHAT TO AVOID:
- Bread, rice, noodles, and other grains. While I normally love some Ezekial bread and brown rice, I’m cutting it out for the challenge. I always feel so much better when I take bread out of my diet, and this is a great kick start to seriously reduce the amount I eat.
- Sugary drinks and food. Taking out all the processed foods and overly sugary items.
- Dairy. I normally don’t eat dairy anyway except for the occasional cheesy food, but dairy is a no-go for these 14 days.
- Highly salted or fatty meats. I don’t eat beef or pork anyway, but I’m also cutting out any kind of fried chicken or battered fish.
- Fried anything. Potatoes. Chicken. Twinkies. Whatever it is, it’s out.
- Processed packaged foods. Whether it’s a granola bar or a Hostess snack cake, if you don’t know what one of the ingredients are, it’s out.
If you want to do the 2 week challenge, let me know! I’m going to be sending out emails and little prizes to some of those who successfully complete it!